Do you have the courage to change your life and make it into what you want it to be?
Courage comes in many shapes, sizes and forms. While racing into a burning building to save lives and helping out a person who is being robbed are certainly courageous and admirable acts, even smaller occurrences can count as acts of courage.
For example, confronting a bully, standing to your boss, your spouse or asking out a secret crush out on a date require certain levels of bravery. Therefore, acts full of courage can happen on the grand scale, but also on the smaller, day to day life level.
We’re living in a world where we have to be brave and face obstacles everyday. We find ourselves in situations often that require us to be courageous, but some of us back down too soon sometimes and that leads to some of our failures. Do you ever find yourself in a situation that you give in to the situation? Then after you think about all the things you should have done, could have done? But this is hind sight and it’s always perfect. Courage is when your world is fallen down around you, but you are able to take a step back, look at what is happening with a clear view, make a smart decision and go forward regardless. Most of us give in and lay down too long. Stop backing down, dig deep when face with obstacles and find the will inside to continue to move forward.
Hard doesn’t have to be hard, and hard can be good. It’s a sign and if you look closely you’ll see the good and the possibilities in it; your courage will surface from within to face it, find a solution and carry on.
Courage on a Daily Basis
Not all acts of courage need to be known worldwide to be defined as brave. Here are some examples of ways to be courageous in daily life and you can use to build your courage muscles.
- Standing up for yourself or for a person who is being picked on.
- Asking for a promotion or a raise at work because you deserve it.
- Helping out a person or animal in need, even if it might put you in a little bit of danger.
- Leaving an abusive relationship.
- Taking a stand against an unfair social or economic practice.
- Doing something by yourself for the first time.
- Making a speech or a public presentation about something you believe in.
- Standing up against racism or prejudice.
- Leaving a job that you don’t like and trying to find a new one.
- Signing up for a program or class that intimidates you.
- Trying a food that you’ve never tried before.
- Engaging in a new experience.
- Asking someone out on a date.
- Doing something that might be a little risky such as sky diving or riding a bike for the first time.
Stand firm, face your fears and be courageous, you need it to persevere and go after your dreams and goals.
Courage become small when your dreams get bigger
Standing with you and facing obstacles on our way to success
Awaken and unleash the H.A.N.H in you